Timber Furniture Tips
At YARD our aim is to create solid, long-lasting furniture from recycled materials that will stand the test of time. In order to preserve the beauty of the natural timber look, there are some steps you can take to make sure your piece lasts for a long time to come.
- As a general rule, solid timber products can expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity – such as proximity to radiators and central heating ducts, etcetera.
- It is important to never let spills sit on the surface for too long, as this can leave long-lasting marks on the finish. Wipe all spills immediately with a damp (not wet) cloth to retain the lustre and finish of the surface. Never use strong chemical or abrasive cleaners, a damp cloth should clean almost any mess whereas strong chemicals can erode the finish.
- Take care when placing abrasive objects on the surfaces, as these can leave scratches.
- Use a mat underneath your page when using writing materials.
- Insulated coasters and placemats are advised.
If your surface does happen to get a stain or scratch, don’t stress! It can always be fixed and restored to it’s former glory.
All of our products are finished with Osmo hardwax oil. For more info on timber care, click here.