At YARD our aim is to create good quality, long-lasting furniture from recycled materials that will stand the test of time.
In order to preserve the beauty of the natural timber, there are some steps you can take to make sure your piece lasts for a long time to come.
We finish our furniture pieces and bathroom vanities with Osmo Polyx oil which is a natural, low maintenance and extremely DIY friendly product.
Osmo Poly oils are based on natural oils and waxes including linseed, sunflower and thistle oil. Osmo is safe for humans, animals and plants when dry, and is also classified food safe.
When your furniture first arrives home it’s important to take some additional care while the Osmo finish is still in its curing process.
Avoid placing hot items like oven trays or casserole dishes directly on surfaces, and take care with abrasive objects like pottery when placing on surfaces.
As a general rule, solid timber products can expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity – such as proximity to radiators and central heating ducts, et cetera.
Take care when placing abrasive objects on the surfaces of tables, bookshelves and entertainment units as these can leave scratches.
- Avoid placing hot objects like pots and cooking items directly onto timber surfaces. They can burn the timber and damage the finish. Mugs and plates are safe to place directly on tables, however if you want to increase the longevity placemats are recommended.
- Use a mat underneath your page when using writing materials on timber surfaces.
- Wipe all spills immediately with a damp (not wet) cloth followed by a dry cloth.
- Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner can be applied every 12 months and has been designed to rejuvenate your pieces.
- Liquid Wax Cleaner can be applied with a soft rag and is safe to be done in the home.
For more information on Osmo timber care, click here